Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Mr. Shen - Holiday

Mr. Shen here.

I hope everyone has a happy National Build Your Own Furniture Day!

You should have seen the original idea I was going to run with. It was basically going to be the Ikea logo and that phrase: National Build Your Own Furniture Day. The End. Fin. How boring that would have been!

I've always had a fondness for the D.I.Y. kind of work ethic when it comes to creating furniture and whatnot. It's like doing those models you did as a kid, but on a larger, functional scale... and there's all these pieces left over!

This was done in CorelDraw12 and prepared in Photoshop 7.0. I've included a really concise tutorial on how I did this little ditty. The key point here is that you absolutely need the right lighting in order for "color range" to work correctly, otherwise you will have a terrible image to work with.

1 comment:

cvnxvbne said...

This thing you made looks really cool. You did a real good job vectorizing it and filling it in. Interesting holiday to come up with. Good job!